Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ouch! Why am I doing this to myself?

OUCH! WTF! BAJEESUSS, THIS HURTS!

How long is this recession going to last? I can't believe that we're still bailing out AIG! Wait, wrong topic... let me get back on track.

Today was the day that I got my spacers put in. After reading all sorts of blogs, I have to admit that during my walk to my appointment, I did have a little day dream about running back home, to hide under my bed, and stay pain free for a little longer. After realizing that I was about to stumble down the two stairs into the building, I woke up, shacked off the fear, and walked through the front door with nothing but confidence.

Once I sat down in the chair, all the stress that surrounded this initial step had faded, and I was excited to get started on my quest for better teeth. With each spacer was placed (dorsal and ventral to the first molar), I became more used to the discomfort and I was very excited to have take my first step.

As I headed home from this quick visit (ten minutes!), I headed straight for my medicine cabinet, grabbed 400mg of Ibuprofen, and started to self-medicate. Now some of you might ask, is it really that painful? For me, the answer is no.... I'm not experiencing any real discomfort and on the first day, I was still able to eat a tasty, "Heavenly Ham" sandwich (although it was turkey!), a cookie, and a bag of chips.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment